- Marty Cassady is a native of the Martinsville, Virginia area and has lived in the Triangle since 1997. He is a Virginia Tech alumnus and spent many years in Blacksburg before relocating to North Carolina. Marty was drawn here not only by the Triangle’s vibrant economy and housing market, but also by the music, arts and culture our area offers.
- Marty brings to the real estate industry three decades of experience in advertising, marketing, promotions, and sales, plus a background in broadcasting and journalism. He has worked for the Durham Herald-Sun, the Carrboro Citizen, the National Press Photographers Association, and WUNC-FM. He has done free-lance media consulting, directed marketing and promotions for two regional video rental chains, and worked in music and book retailing. His first job after college was as a radio announcer, and he still does radio for fun today, as a volunteer DJ for Durham’s WXDU and Hillsborough`s WHUP.
- Marty’s thoughts on how his work experience applies to real estate: “Everything I’ve ever done has involved customer service and client relations to some degree, and I’ve always been very proud of the level of service I’ve been able to provide. The keys are caring about your clients and doing what you say you`re going to do.”
- Marty is also an instructor with the FM School of Real Estate. He comes from a family of educators; both his parents were public school teachers (although his father left teaching and went into business at a fairly young age) and his maternal grandmother was a teacher as well. His brother is a university professor. Marty says: “A lot of what we do in real estate is educating buyers and sellers, and helping them through a complex transaction. In a way, it`s teaching. It`s also a constant learning process, as we are always continuing our own education. This is something I really enjoy and find rewarding.”
- Marty and his wife Phyllis, an Orange County native, live near Hillsborough with their dogs, cats, and backyard chickens. They divide their time between family, friends, and trips to the Virginia mountains or their condo at Carolina Beach. They are as likely to be seen at Cat’s Cradle or the Carolina Theatre as on one of the local golf courses. Marty is a Hokies fan, of course, and Phyllis roots for the UNC Tar Heels, but they make it work.
Post License Courses
- NCREC Certified Prelicensing/Postlicensing Instructor
- Relocation Certified Associate (RCA)
Board of Realtors
- Durham Regional Association of REALTORS®
What people have to say about me
Marty is the most honest realtor we have met! As a buyer in a difficult market, we needed someone like Marty to counsel us on making a good offer and to always have another property ready to show us when we lost a bid. He made time for us and went to great lengths to accommodate our schedules during inspections. We highly recommend him and are thrilled with our new house. He will work tirelessly to help you find your next home!
Laura and Jason, Durham
Thanks so much for helping us sell our home. This process was way easier than we thought it would be and I`m sure you are the primary reason :) I will totally refer you to anyone looking.
Josh and Stacy, Chapel Hill